Advanced Analytical Human Calorimeter
FUJI HUMAN CALORIMETER 【PATENT】
Model : FHC-20S
Energy metabolism measurement device
befitting the new age
We developed Fuji Human Calorimeter.
◆The world's greatest measurement accuracy
0.0012% and linearity
◆ Metabolism data is processable by 1.00cal/min from
resting to exercising.
◆ High analysis data handling of EE/RQ data.
◆It deal with metabolic test from short time to long time.
The Chamber of Human Calorimeter is highly sealed up and controlled constantly its temperature, humidity and gas flow.
The chamber is composed by a toilet, a washing stand and a bed, etc. to create a comfortable space for a subject who experiences daily life in it for more than 24 hours to measure energy metabolism.
It is reported that the measurement accuracy of this Human Calorimeter functioned of high level of analysis and fast resolving is proved as the highest level in the world from the result of various examinations.
We patented High accuracy Human Calorimeter in 2009.
We provide comprehensive support in production, service and study support.
Characteristic & Measuring method of Human Calorimeter
In overseas, the Human Calorimeter was firstly applied for measuring energy metabolism of human in 1970. The measuring method is the indirect calorimetric technique which shall measure variation between fresh air and chamber gas (O2, CO2) when the subject is in the chamber, and also measure nitrogen amount excreted in the urine. Furthermore it shall calculate a volume of oxidation of energy expenditure and energy substrate to be induced from oxygen intake and carbon-dioxide emission. This method is known as universal standard for measuring method of energy expenditure. The exhaled gas shall be normally collected by way of 2 methods, one is Douglas method by using a mask and Douglas bag, another is Hood method by using ventilation hood. However these methods have such demerit that will limit the subject's motion in some degree by mounting device. Besides Douglas method will allow only for a short-time measurement, while Hood method will force the subject to lay on the bed during measuring metabolism in resting-time. Whereas the Human Calorimeter (HC) shall have the most advantageous merit that the subject can act as same as daily activity in the chamber such as eating, sleeping, reading and exercising as if the subject would feel like staying at home. Therefore the HC can make it possible to measure Energy Expenditure (EE) and volumes of oxidation on Energy Substrate and Respiration Quotient (RQ) in continuity of measuring period from short time to 24 hours or more.
The characteristic; Fuji Human Calorimeter System (HC)
+ Fuji HC can meet the diversified needs of the recent & future years.
+ Fuji HC can reduce the noise level in each system which can place emphasis on the measurement values.
+ More details are as follows:
① Occupant comfort and stability under the temperature control on environmental conditions in the Chamber of HC (For example) To control at 25℃±0.1℃（5-40℃）.
② Flow accuracy to be controlled to 1% against its parameter
③ High accuracy Mass Spectrometer shall enable the measurement of large variety of gasses and lay weight on the reproducible measurement value. N2, O2, Ar, CO2-44, CO2-45 Measurement Value: 0.0001%, Precision: ＜0.002%／24h(mean)
④ Data processing in the system and PC can be performed by the digital communications.
Rage of Research Application
- Relation between obesity and energy consumption
- Relation between lifestyle related diseases and energy consumption
- Research and development for newly introduced medicines and health supplements.
- Relation among ages, genders and energy consumption
- Relation among infants, elders and energy consumption
- Research for energy consumption of pregnant women.
- Relation between genes to accelerate metabolism and energy consumption.
- Relation between physical training and energy consumption
- Relation between nutrients consumed by physical training and energy consumption
- Relation between basal metabolism and physical exercises, and metabolism of resting and exercising periods.
- Relation between nutritional control and energy metabolism.
- DIT: Measurement of Diet Induced Thermogenesis
- Relation between eating habits and energy metabolism.
- 2000 National Institute of Health and Nutrition Chamber System
- 2003 Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba
- 2004 Kao Corporation Health Care Products Research Labs.
- 2005 Department of physical fitness movement dietetics department, Sendai University
- 2006 Human Calorimeter Project of Tsukuba University (HCMP)
- 2008 Doshisha University Faculty of Health & Sports Science
- 2009 Department of Social Medicine Hirosaki University School of Medicine
- 2009 Fukuoka University Faculty of Sports and Health Science
- 2012 Ritumeikan University Faculty of Health and Sports Science
- 2011 Juntendo University School of Health & Sports Science
- 2012 Tsukuba University Faculty of medicine Innovation Center
- 2012 Technical Center of Our Company
- 2012 Shanghai University of Sport (Shanghai City, China) Scheduled completion
- 2014 Hosei University School of Sports Science
- 2015 Juntendo University School of Sportology center
- 2016 International Institute for Integrative Sleep Medicine University of Tsukuba
- 2016 DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd. (Technology Innovation Center)
- 2017 BGI, Beijing Genomics Institute (Shenzhen, China)
Fuji Human Calorimeter shall be produced by customer-build.
The most recommendable system can be proposed in accordance with the customer's requirement for specific
installation and experimental conditions.
*For more detailed specification, please contact us for our catalogue and data.